Thursday 10 May 2012

Lolita High Tea!


A few weekends ago I went to a lolita high tea party hosted by the beautiful and wonderful Mercedes! I arrived an hour early after thinking I was really late orz;; but I got to watch all of the food be prepared and set up ψ(`∇´)ψ, it was so amazing and the whole house had such a sweet aroma because of all of the cakes coming fresh out of the oven. 

We sat around chatting, sipping tea and punch, and nibbling on savouries and sweets. There was everything from gourmet sandwiches (with special recipes!), quiches, soup, and sausage rolls to sweets like various tarts, mini lemon meringues, creme brulees, brownies, slices, cupcakes and scones with jam and cream. It was really nice to catch up with old friends and make some new friends! Her house was like a dolls house - cute, small, and very vintage. It's a wonder we all fit into it, hahahaha (*~▽~) !
All photos are by Juliette, the most amazing photographer ever!
Top: Laura being perfect while I derp in the background.
Bottom: Sitting in a dolls house (left), and "Mona ya nasty" (right).
 
It was a swarm of lolis around the food when it came out, we hovered around it the whole time  (*0*;)~!!
Beholdddd, all of the glorious food served *drools*!!
 
And of course, the day isn't complete without a photo of me pulling a face! I decided to make a moustache out of fairy floss, ohohohohohoho (⌒▽⌒)☆!

Here is the group shot of everybody! It was such an awesome mix of all of the different lolita styles. I'm so happy to be a part of this community, you're all such lovely, beautiful people (((o(*゚▽゚*)o))).

You can find Mercedes' blog here: http://aussie-girl-in-a-lolita-world.blogspot.com.au/
And all of Juliette's photography and artworks here: http://somnolentimages.com/


Mood: I want to online shop until I die ~____~ 
Listening to: Sherlock - SHINee

3 comments:

  1. Awwww what a cute party and the hostesss did an excellent job with the food and decoration. Everything looks really good and tasty. Also, all you girls look so cute as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - looks like you all had a fantastic time! Lolis, food, place, food (lol) they all look so beautiful! I'm trying hard not to drool on my keyboard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww this is adorable ! You all look fantastic and the food is making me hungry just to look at. This is such a lovely idea, maybe I'll try it sometime.. I think baking and cooking all different kinds of high tea themed food would be really fun.

    ReplyDelete