Saturday 8 November 2014

Addressing your hoarding problems!

Over my lolita years my style has developed and changed through every substyle imaginable, as I matured and experimented trying to find my perfect little pocket in the fashion. So naturally I collected so many things from different brands in different colours, cuts and styles and I loved them all at the time of purchase but slowly they began to float towards the back of my wardrobe.


So, sometimes it's really hard to give up things that you love because you realise that you don't love them as much as you did - you want to keep them for the memories and the sake of having them because you're like yeahhhh I'll wear that again soon. But you never do. It just sits there looking pretty. And somebody sits there going "man, I wish I had that because I can't find it anywhere".
This is when you have to do what you thought you would never do - sell it.
And afterwards you surprisingly feel much better. It gives you an opportunity to help another person out, as well as giving yourself and opportunity to buy something new that you will actually wear and cherish instead of pushing it to the back of your wardrobe.



The thing that kept pushing me to sell more was the feeling of closure and cohesiveness when I looked into my closet, and a want to create my own little perfect wardrobe where all the pieces matched and worked with each other. In reality, I really haven't stopped hoarding; I'm hoarding different things but it's for better reasons.

As I say in the video "Quality is better than quantity, but if you have a quantity of quality that's okay too" !!

8 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhh Milky Fawn you're amazing >u<
    I just found out you have a blog
    So i'm super excited :3
    I thought before that you just did youtube vidoes
    http://redsakurabeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have also kind of a hoarding problem, but with my old toys and stuffed animals. I know I have too many, but I want to keep them because ~~Memoriesss~~ (and because they are cute) I'm thinking of donating them to charity, so that children who don't have any toys can have a few.
    But it's just so haaaard -._.- Everytime I give something away, I regret it ahaha. And then I buy it again because I miss it.... ^^""

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I have this problem but always try my best to think carefully on what needs to go so I can make room for more things ^^


    恵美より ♥
    www.emi-doll.blogspot.jp

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey alanah where did you get your dressers from and the bed side table ? <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. argh this is so me. but last time i gave away all my cute clothes, i ended up really missing them. ;-; maybe its because i gave it away instead of selling them therefore i couldnt fill in the void with more clothes hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. 🌸ema-sakurai🌸6 April 2015 at 01:41

    I kind of get what u feel like.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's really hard to let go but if you did not wear it for the last year, it's time to let it go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. T-Bone Iron Spicy Habanero-Paste | TITSITE
    T-Bone Iron Spicy Habanero-Paste. No sugar in grade 5 titanium this glazed pork. titanium glasses frames There is no gold titanium alloy sugar in this glazed pork. This pork gr5 titanium glazed pork is very popular in South mens titanium wedding bands

    ReplyDelete