This challenge was actually a little bit hard for me to write because I had to really think about things that I really wouldn't do in lolita rather than the obvious ones (and I ended up writing a lot of them down anyway orz;;) but I hope you enjoy reading and leave comments with things you wouldn't do either !!Milanoo. Thank god I didn't buy anything from that website, although maybe now I would own the most beautiful lace monster on the planet. Buying from there is definitely right up there with things I wouldn't do in lolita.
Look at these, now imagine them ten times worse because Milanoo don't know how to sewnever wear the colour orange. I actually have a really silly phobia of the colour which started with nightmares where I was drowning in orange juice and getting chased by orange monsters. Now all my friends tease me because of it, but it's seriously the worst colour ever.
3. I would never exclude or shame another lolita because of their substyle, choice of brand, offbrand or replica, or "experience" in lolita. Within our community we have such a mix of styles and it's great to see everybody accepting people for what kind of lolita they are or want to be. I will always want to be helpful to new lolitas, and I'm totally up for giving different styles a go. This whole replica vs. brand vs. offbrand debate is also a load of poo, and I think everybody should be able to express themselves through their choice of fashion freely !!
4. As much as I love the fashion - I would never get married in lolita. I really want a simple wedding and would love a more traditional and elegant wedding dress as something special, rather than wearing something that I wear everyday.
5. Join an eating contest of some kind because I'm already a messy eater. I don't think lolita and stuffing your face go hand in hand. In fact, lets just include food fights too and the fact that I need to line myself with napkins before eating otherwise it gets everywhere (maybe I should get one of those Baby the Stars Shine Bright raincoats to put on instead of being a napkin lady). Oh god imagine accidentally wiping Doritos on your dress I think I'm going to cry.
6. Have you ever tried to wear rocking horse shoes while driving a car? Mannn, it's hard enough to drive with shoes on for me as it is let alone have big ass platforms get in between me and the pedals. That's an accident waiting to happen.
Some of the ribbon rocking horse shoes you can get from Antainadirt, physical activity or water. Actually, just anything that involves getting dirty or sweaty because nooooo. I've always hated sport to being with but imagining trying to do it in lolita makes me cringe. Although.... if they made cute frilly swimwear with lolita prints maybe I would consider the beach.
8. As much as I love Angelic Pretty, sometimes I'm just like "oh god why... why would you do that!?" when they bring out prints that have super childish or baby like motifs (let me just remind you all of that "Dreamy Baby Room" monstrosity"). Some people can definitely pull it off, but I don't think I could ever bring myself to wear them.
9. I don't think I could ever go out in lolita without wearing makeup. I think it's more of a personal choice and self conscious thing but I feel it completes the look. I especially love more dramatic eye make up and false eyelashes when wearing lolita because your eyes seem to just stand out that little bit more.
10. I would never be able to go petticoat-less to something (again these god damn things are the bane of my existence and have popped up in every single lolita challenge entry arghhhhh !!). I think petticoats really do complete the lolita silhouette, but depending on the dress you need different shaped and sized ones to flatter the cut of it so it sits right.