This is a really hard thing for me to write, because there isn't much that I hate about Lolita fashion because mannnnn my life pretty much revolves around it. I really struggled to write down ten things, and really they're more of a dislike than a hatred but ehhhhhh~ challenge here we go !!1. I guess the number one thing that I can think of is the price of the actual hobby. The dresses themselves are sooo expensive and it really takes it out of your bank account >___<. Even socks and accessories have a higher price on them than other fashions and paying a bazillion dollars for a headbow or a pair of socks is kinda unjustifiable sometimes! But then again I guess it is all limited and it's about collecting and stuff (now I'm just talking to myself to try and make me feel better about how much money I spend orz;;)
2. Okay so this isn't really lolita's fault, it's my country but ahhhhhh the weather in Australia is so hot and heat just does not mix with lolita at all. Lolita has a lot of layers like bloomers, blouses and socks but they're nothing compared to the worst one of all - the petticoattttt. I suffer from heat sickness which sucks, and I wish it snowed where I lived or was permanently cardigan weather so I wouldn't have to suffer on summer days.
Complete and utter demonnnnnnn!!
3. The one thing that really irks me is the brand, offbrand, replica and handmade debate. It's caused a lot of drama not only in communities but forums and blogs all across the interwebs. I think it's silly to get so upset and worked up over clothes, if you can wear any of the above and make it look good - that's awesome. It's not about where you got your clothes, it's definitely how you wear them.
unwanted comments and interactions that are really nasty and uncomfortable. I've had milk thrown at me, things yelled across the street at me and just general stares and nasty mumbling about what I'm wearing. Some people even take pictures sneakily and rudely without asking first - I wonder how they feel if I did it to them? I'm more than happy to oblige and pose for a photo when asked >____<
Lolitas in public, dun dun dun~
6. Dresses that just seem impossible to come by when you've been searching for a million years are the worst. There are a few dresses on my wishlist that either never pop up, pop up when I have no money at all, or get bought before I see them and I'm just like ahhhh noooooooooo I'm an hour too late to see the post !!
7. Sometimes buying dresses sucks in itself. I hate it when I'm so close to winning an auction and get outbid! Even worse is finding a dress but the currency conversion makes it so expensive to get to my country, and even worse than that is finding a dress but it has been scalped in price that it's just like pffffttt good luck selling that orz;;
8. Trying to match colours together sometimes in a pain in the butt. Like when you buy a cardigan in pink and it's a different pink to the dress you're trying to wear it with. Or your socks are just slightly off and are a different colour and just don't match how you would like it too. Oh man my biggest personal pet peeve is trying to match the white or cream lace on your dress to your blouse (I know only I really notice but ughhhhhhhh) !! I also have something against most blue and yellow colourways of dresses, I don't know why but I just tend to avoid them.
9. "The bloomer and blouse rule" is the stupidest thing ever, like ever ever. Sometimes it's just too uncomfortable to wear these things whether it doesn't fit underneath, you're hot or it just doesn't match and you're experimenting with a different look. I personally think do whatever you like mannn, there shouldn't be rules to lolita (we're not in a private high school nerr nerrr).
Cute, but sometimes annoying >___<
Thanks for reading guys, please leave any comments or questions below and link me to your lolita challenges too!