It was a little bit hard to write about this challenge because there are a lot of things that I love; I basically love everything to do with lolita. So here I go with part two ^__^!!dream dress and the feeling when you finally obtain it !!
2. My favourite themes within lolita are the chocolate and sweets themed dresses. It's become very popular recently with a lot of brands bringing out prints based around ♥ ♥ ♥ chocolates, pastries, ice-cream and sugary treats ♥ ♥ ♥.
The Imai Kira banner for the Chess Chocolate release ~
3. The shoes are probably the cutest things ever, like ever ever. What other fashion has dolly style boots and flats with bows and ribbons and rounded fronts and just ahhhhhhhhh they're so amazing !!
4. Okayyyy so this one is a bit childish, but I really love the fact that when I wear lolita I get to be a puffy cupcake. Not many fashion styles let you wear big fluffy petticoats that make you look like blobbing jellyfish when you bob up and down. It's also funny to watch a big group of lolitas try and navigate around each other in a room because we take up so much space with our big ruffly butts, hahahaha.
5. The best thing that comes with lolita is definitely the community and lifestyle. Everybody's mutual love towards the fashion and each other and just a general understanding and acceptance of one another and our different personalities and styles ♥ ♥ ♥
6. I really love how the brands not only bring out clothing and accessories, but they have novelties as well. Tea cups, make up bags, plush toys, cutlery and plates, postcards, badges, hankerchiefs and everything else - they're just a really cute addition to any lolita bedroom and a really lovely thing to have that's for everyday use as well. I would love to be able to get my hands on some more (especially a mug for work so everybody knows it's mine >___< ).
Examples of Angelic Pretty novelties from 2010 ~
7. Lolita has given me a lot of self confidence and has been such a creative outlet for me and it's really really awesome. I've gone from being a super shy hermit crab to someone who can derp around and speak up, be silly and be themselves in public and around friends and to me that's definitely a big thing for me (and for a lot of other girls I know!)
8. The excitement after purchasing something and waiting for the packages. I check my mail box every day and stalk the mail man waiting for them !! It's such a nice feeling when you finally get to open them up too and roll around with them just like ahhhhhhh it's finally mine ^___^ !!
My relationship with the post man *evil grin*
9. A really cool thing is the ever changing trends and experimentation with styles and substyles that happens when you're either following or participating in lolita. Some I don't like as much as others (mainly because I can't pull it off orz;;) , but it's really awesome to see other people rocking their own interpretations of the style and mixing up substyles to create their own unique coordinates and looks.
10. I love getting all ready and dressed up. I was never good at makeup before I started wearing lolita and now I'm a fanatic for the dolly look and can do it so quickly with all my practice! I guess it's because when I am wearing lolita I love the fact that I do feel like a dolly princess.
Mar is also doing the Lolita challenge! Check out her entries here *click me* !! And Liz just started too *click me* !! Let me know if you're doing it in the comments below as well so I can lurk and post you n___n!